Pasticciotto with pistachio cream – Instructions:
1. First let’s prepare the shortcrust pastry. Pour the flour, sugar, vanillin, yeast and a pinch of salt on a pastry board. Then add the lard and the egg yolks. Knead the dough with yr hands and form a homogeneous and smooth dough. Wrap it in a cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
2. Meanwhile, let’s make the custard. Heat the milk with the cream in a saucepan.
3. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar and flour. Dilute it with a few tablespoons of hot milk and then pour everything into the saucepan with the milk.
4. While stirring, simmer the cream until it thickens. Then turn off the heat and let it cool.
5. Once cooled, add Rivelia Pistachio Spread to the custard.
6. Roll out the pastry, cut out rounds and place each round into the mould.
7. Fill them with pistachio cream and pistachio grain. Then cover the surface with the remaining pastry.
8. Brush with egg yolk and bake at 180° for 30 minutes.