Bean and pasta soup: a cuddle for the everyday menus
1. Make soffritto with minced carrot, celery and onion and add it into a thick bottomed saucepan with the extra virgin olive oil.
2. Sauté for five minutes over a low heat until the vegetables are soft.
3. Pour in the cannellini beans and their cooking water and add a tablespoon of tomato paste. Salt to taste.
4. Bring to the boil over medium heat, then add the pasta. Cook according to the packaging instructions, stirring occasionally.
5. As soon as the pasta is cooked, remove from the heat: the beans will make the soup creamy without the need of adding cheese. Serve the bean and pasta soup with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.