Baked Beans – Instructions:
• Heat the oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onion and let it dry over low heat for a few mins, until it is soft.
• Add bacon and brown it well, so that it becomes crunchy.
• Add cannellini beans and let them flavor, sean with salt and spinkle with pepper.
• Spread the fire and set aside.
• In a bowl, mix the ketchup, mustard, worchestershire sauce, brown sugar and tomato paste, add a drop of water to create a smooth sauce. You can slightly adjust the quantity of each ingredient, according with your wish.
• Put the bean mixture in an oven dish, cover with the sauce and pour enough water to cover the beans, stir, season with salt and place in a preheated oven at 190°C.
• Cook the baked beans for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has shrunk. Serve hot.